Friday, February 24, 2012

A Captivating Journey

I am going on a journey, a journey that will hopefully lead me and create me into the woman that I want to be; a woman after God's own heart; I want to be "CAPTIVATING."
For the next forty days I will be going deeper into the bible, this journey is not really a physical one, but a spiritual and mental one; digging deep within myself, searching out my heart so that I may begin to unveil the mystery of my soul and to try and understand myself more. I want this to lead me into an stronger everlasting relationship with my savior.
I am not going to pretend that this is going to be easy, because I know it's not going to be. My heart and mind have been so lost for a long time in the darkening shadows of my sinful desires, but I know God is breaking through these thick steel bars that feel incased in. I feel him bringing me back. As of yesterday I am give my heart, mind, soul and body over to Christ so that he may be able to use me for his glory and praise. I want to glorify him in everything I do. I am not perfect in any way and I know that I will fall at times, but I am not afraid anymore. I am not going on this journey alone because I know God and my family will be with me every long, hard and painful step of the way. Sometimes it is hard to be a woman, but I am grateful that I am one. I am a woman created by a loving savior who loves me no matter what. I want to live my life for him.
"You can't enjoy the sunshine without a little rain."
"God knows that our heart is core to who we are. It is the source of all our convictions. It is the foundation of our faith, our hope and of course, our love." (Captivating)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read more of your journey....

    Please check out my adoption blog and let me know what you think.

    http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=4694296

    ReplyDelete